Wednesday 5 February 2014

MOCKIN' BIRD HILL

                             


CHORUS
[C] Tra la la tweedlee [C7] dee dee it [F] gives me a [C] thrill
To [G7] wake up in the morning to the [C] mocking' bird's trill
[G7] Tra la [C] la tweedlee [C7] dee dee there's [F] peace and good [C] will,
You're [G7] welcome as the flowers on [C] Mockin' [F] Bird [C] Hill.

When the [C] sun in the [C7]mornin' peeps [F] over the hill
And [G7] kisses the roses 'round [C] my windowsill,
Then my [C]heart fills with [C7]gladness when [F] I hear the trill
Of the [G7]birds in the treetops on [C]Mockin' [F]Bird [C] Hill.

Chorus

When it's [C]late in the [C7]evenin' I [F]climb up the hill
And sur[G7]vey all my kingdom while [C] everything's still.
Only[C] me and the [C7]sky and the [F]old whippoorwill
Singing [G7]songs in the twilight on [C]Mockin' [F] Bird [C]Hill.

Chorus and repeat last line.