Monday 7 November 2016

ALONG THE ROAD TO GUNDAGAI

(C)There's a (G7)scene that lingers in my (C)memory
Of an (D7)old bush home and friends I long to (C)see.
(F)That's why I am yearning (A7)Just to be returning
(D7)Along the road to (G7)Gundagai.
Chorus
(C)There's a track winding (E7) back
To an (F)old fashioned (C)shack
Along the (D7)road to (G7)Gunda(C)gai.
Where the (F)blue gums are growing
And the (C)Murrumbidgee's (A7)flowing
Be(D7)neath that sunny (G7)sky.
Where my (C)daddy and mother are (F)waiting for me
And the (A7)pals of my childhood
Once (D7)more I will (G7)see.
Then no (C)more will I (E7)roam,
When I'm (F)heading right for (C)home
Along the (D7)road to (g7)Gunda(C)gai.

When I (D7)get back there, I'll be a kid (C)again,
Oh, I'll (D7)never have a thought of grief or (C)pay.
(F)Once more I'll be playing, (A7)Where the gum trees are swaying
(D7)Along the road to (G7)Gundagai.

REPEAT CHORUS