Sunday 13 July 2014

I AM AUSTRALIAN

(C)I came from the dream-time,from the(F) dusty red soil (C)plains,
I am the ancient(Am) heart, the (F)keeper (G7)of the (C)flame.
I stood upon the rocky shores, I(F) watched the(G7) tall ships (Am)come,
For (C)forty thousand years I've been the (F)first (G7)Aust(C)ralian.

I (C)came upon the prison ship, bowed (F)down by iron (C)chains,
I(Am) fought the land, endured the lash, and (F)waited (G7)for the (C)rains.
I'm a settler, I'm a farmers wife, on a(F) dry and (G7)barren (Am)run
A (C)convict, then a free man, I be(F)came(G7) Aust(C)ralian.

I'm the(C) daughter of a digger, who (F)sought the mother(C) lode
The (Am)girl became a woman, on the(F) long and(G7) dusty (C)road.
I'm a child of the depression, I (F)saw the(G7) good times (Am)come,
I'm a(C) bushy, I'm a battler, I(F) am (G7)Aust(C)ralian.

(C)We are one, but we are (F)ma(C)ny,
And from (Am)all the (G7)lands on earth we (C)come.
We'll share a(Am) dream and sing with (F)one(C) voice,
(F)I (C)am, (Am)you (G7)are, we (C)are (G7)Aust(C)ralian.

I'm the (C)teller of stories, I'm the(F) singer of (C)songs,
I am (Am)Albert Namatjira, and I(F) paint the (G7)ghostly (C)gums.
I'm Clancy on his horse, I'm (F)Ned (G7)Kelly on the (Am)run,
I'm the(C) one who waltzed Matilda,  I (F)am (G7)Aust(C)ralian.

I'm the(C) hot wind from the desert, I'm the(F) black soil of the (C)plains
I'm the(Am) mountains and the valleys, I'm the (F)drought and (G7)flooding (C)rains,
I am the rock, I am the sky, the(F) rivers(G7) when they(Am) run,
The (C)spirit of this great land, I (F)am (G7)Aust(C)ralian.

(C)We are one, but we are (F)ma(C)ny,
And from(Am) all the (G7)lands on earth we(C) come.
We'll share a(F) dream and sing with (C)one voice,
(F)I (C)am, (Am)you(G7) are, we(C) are (G7)Aust(C)ralian.
(F)I (C)am, (Am)you (G7)are, we (C)are (G7)Aust(C)ralian.