Saturday 16 January 2016

INCH BY INCH

CHORUS:
(C)Inch by inch, (F)row by (C)row, 
(F)Gonna (G7)make this (C)garden grow.
(F)All it (G7)takes is a (C)rake and a (Am)hoe and a (F)piece of fertile (G7)ground.
(C)Inch by inch, (F)row by (C)row,
(F)Someone (G7)bless these (C)seeds I sow,
(F)Someone (G7)warm them (C)from (Am)below,
'Til the (F)rain comes (G7)tumbling (C)down.

(C)Pullin' weeds and (F)pickin' (C)stones,
(F)We are (G7)made of (C)dreams and bones,
(F)I need a (G7)spot to (C)call my (Am)own,
Cause the (F)time is close at (G7)hand.
(C)Grain for grain, (F)sun and (C)rain,
(F)I'll find my (G7)way in (C)nature's chain,
(F)Tune my (G7)body (C)and my (Am)brain,
To the (F)music (G7)of the (C)land.

Chorus.

(C)Plant your rows (F)straight and (C)long,
(F)Season (G7)them with (C)prayer and song,
(F)Mother (G7)earth will (Am)keep you (Am)strong,
If you (F)give her love and (G7)care.
(C)Old crow watching (F)from a (C)tree,
(F)Has his (G7)hungry (C)eyes on me,
(F)In my (G7)garden (C)I'm as (Am)free,
As that (F)feathered (G7)thief up (C)there.
Chorus and repeat last line.