Monday 9 December 2013

RED RIVER VALLEY



RED RIVER VALLEY

INTRO: CFG7C

From this (C) valley they say you are leaving
We shall miss your bright eyes and sweet (G7) smile
For you (C) take with you (C7) all of the (F) sunshine
That has (G7) brightened our pathway a (C) while.

CHORUS.
Come and sit by my side if you love me
Do not hasten to bid me a(G7)dieu
Just re(C)member the (C7) Red River (F) valley
And the (G7) one who loved you so (C) true.

Oh, just (C) think of the valley you're leaving
Oh how lonely, how sad it (G7) will be
And just (C) think of the (C7) fond heart you're (F) breaking
And the (C) grief you are (G7) causing to (C) me.

CHORUS.

For a (C) long time my darling I've waited
For the sweet words you never (G7) would say
Now at (C) last all my (C7) fond hopes have (F) vanished
For they (C) say that you're (G7) going a(C)way.

CHORUS. 
To finish repeat the last line of chorus.