Tuesday 10 December 2013

This Land Is Our Land


THIS LAND IS OUR LAND

CHORUS:
(C)This land is (F) your land, this land is (C)my land
from Cool(G7)angatta to the Rottnest (C) Island,
from the kauri (F)forests, to the Bass Strait (C) waters,
(G7)this land was made for you and (C)me.

(C)As I went (F) walking that ribbon of (C) highway,
I saw ab(G7)ove me that endless sk(C)yway,
I saw bel(F)ow me that golden (C) valley,
(G7) this land was made for you and (C) me.

Chorus

(C)I roamed and (F) rambled and followed my (C) footsteps
to the sparkling (G7) sands of her diamond (C) deserts,
and all a(F)round me a voice was (C) sounding,
(G7) this land was (G7) made for you and (C) me.

Chorus

(C)When the sun comes (F) shining and I was (C) strolling
and the wheat fields (G7) waving, and the dust clouds (C)rolling
a voice was (F) chanting and a fog was (C) lifting,
(G7)this land was made for you and (C) me.

Chorus