Tuesday 10 December 2013

Sloop John B


SLOOP JOHN B

We (C) come on the Sloop (F) John (C) B, My grandfather (F) and (C) me
Around Nassau town we did (G7) roam. Drinking all (C) night, (C7) got into a (F) fight (Dm)
Well I (C) feel so broke up, (G7) I want to go (C) home.

CHORUS
(C) So hoist up the John (F) B's (C) sail, See how the main (F) sail (C) sets
Call for the Captain a-shore, let me go (G7) home.
Let me go (C) home, (C7) I wanna go (F) home Yeah (Dm) yeah
Well (C) I fell so broke up, (G7) I wanna go (C) home.

The first mate, he (F) got (C) drunk, And broke in the Cap(F)tain's (C) trunk.
The constable had to come and take him a(G7)way.
Sheriff John (C) Stone, (C7) why  don't you leave me a(F)lone, yeah (Dm) yeah
Well I (C) feel so broke up, (G7) I wanna go (C) home.

CHORUS 

The poor cook, he caught (F) the (C) fits, and threw away all (F) my (C) grits.
And then he took and he ate up all of my (G7) corn.
Let me go (C) home, (C7) why don't you let me go (F) home  (Dm)
This (c) is the worst trip (G7) I've ever been (C) on.

CHORUS twice to finish.